App notifications have become a vital part for us, keep us informed of new emails, new messages, birthdays, upcoming events, scheduled meetings, discounts and offers from your ecommerce websites favorite. It is when you have enabled notifications for websites that you are surfing the Safari browser.
App notifications are extremely useful and keep you in the know, however, there are times when you are frequently interrupted by these app notifications because you have enabled it for multiple websites and with that you cannot focus on what you are doing. So how do you turn off Safari browser notifications on your Mac? Follow these steps.
For me the app notifications are useful, I continue to use it for some websites like Gmail, YouTube, Facebook and many more. But sometimes they bother way too much, I keep them off for a while until I'm done with my job.
Sometimes these alerts come from websites that I don't usually navigate or I unknowingly end up clicking on Allow notifications to be sent. Sometimes I get alerts about eCommerce website offers, unwanted ads, or unnecessary content, but all of this might be interrupted for a while or forever. Here's how.
How to turn off app notifications in Safari on your Mac
If you think you want to turn off app notifications in Safari, take a look at these steps.
- Launch Safari and go to Safari -> Preferences.
- Click on the Websites tab and choose Notifications on the left side.
- Here, you'll see a list of websites that have asked you to show alerts in Notification Center.
- You can To allow ou Nier permission for those websites to show you notifications.
- Ban those you don't think are necessary. Uncheck Allow websites to request permission to send notifications box.
- You can always To allow resend them to get website alerts using the same method.
Not just me, there are a lot of Mac users who use the Safari browser and this guide seems to be helpful for many. If you like this guide, don't forget to share it with your friends.
Safari browser can also allow you to turn off autoplay videos on websites as well as turn on picture-in-picture for videos. Don't forget to check out the 5 cool browsing tips you can do on Safari. More tips and tricks, guides and tutorials for Mac and Windows are available.
For updates on the latest smartphones and technologies, follow us on our social media profiles.